Xylitol is a common sugar substitute that is highly dangerous to dogs. A dog’s pancreas will confuse Xylitol with real sugar resulting in severe insulin release, which removes the real sugar in a dog’s body. Ingestion can cause rapid hypoglycemia and higher doses can cause extensive liver damage.
Xylitol poisoning in a dog may appear within 30 to 90 minutes, but may be delayed up to 12 – 18 hours.
Kate Chacksfield from West London, did everything she could to save her gorgeous vizsla Ruby. She spent £10,000 in a desperate effort to help her dog – but Ruby died just days after consuming a couple of brownies which contained Xylitol.
Read the story here
DO NOT give your dog these brands of peanut butter:
Krush Nutrition, Nuts’n’More, Go Nuts co, No Cow